Every good home escape plan starts with placing working smoke detectors on each floor of your home. Then sit down with your family and design a Fire Home Escape Plan using these tips:
- Plan escape routes from each level of your home, providing at least two means of escape from each room. (Note: When planning an escape from the second floor or above, you may need home escape ladders to safely exit a window.)
- Be sure to provide assistance for those with special needs.
- Have a Family Meeting Place outside your home so everyone can be accounted for after you escape.
- Never go back into a burning building.
- Call 911 from a neighbor's home after you escape.