In Pennsylvania, sparklers are the only fireworks legal to purchase without a permit. However, just because they are legal does not mean they can't be dangerous. Keep the 4th of July celebration safe by following these tips:
- Sparklers can reach temperatures of up to 1800 degrees.
- Light them away from dry leaves or grass.
- Avoid the use of sparklers in crowded areas.
- Only allow children to handle sparklers under adult supervision.
- Pour water on all used fireworks before disposal
- Treat any that did not ignite as if they are still lit and extinguish with water.
- Instead of firecrackers, use a cap gun to make some noise.