It is important to conserve water during the summer months because there is a greater demand. Follow these easy steps:
- Repair leaky toilets and faucets. Close your taps tightly.
- Install low-flow showerheads. They save thousands of gallons of water every year.
- Save two to four gallons of water by shutting off the faucet while shaving. Save one to two gallons by shutting off the faucet while brushing your teeth.
- Take short showers – a bath uses more water. If you must take baths, fill the tub only half way.
- Make sure your washing machines and dishwashers are full before you run them.