- Sparklers can reach temperatures of up to 1800 degrees.
- Light them away from dry leaves or grass.
- Avoid the use of sparklers in crowded areas.
- Only allow children to handle sparklers under adult supervision.
- Pour water on all used fireworks before disposal
- Treat any that did not ignite as if they are still lit and extinguish with water.
- Instead of firecrackers, use a cap gun to make some noise.
Remember, cherry bombs, aerial shells and other non-sparklers are illegal without a permit. Leave those in the hands of professionals by attending the fireworks displays in the Philadelphia area.