Items for Your Shelter in Place Kit:
- One gallon of drinking water per person per day for three days.
- Food that will not easily perish; ready-to-eat foods.
- Manual can opener and eating utensils.
- First-aid kit.
- AM/FM Radio.
- Extra batteries.
- Phone that does not rely on electricity.
- Whistle - to signal for help.
- Iodine tablets or one quart of unscented bleach and an eyedropper (Disinfect water only if directed to do so by health officials. To disinfect water with bleach, add 8 drops of bleach per gallon of water.)
- Personal hygiene items (hand sanitizer, toothbrush, toothpaste, feminine hygiene products, toilet paper and wipes.)
- Child care supplies.
- Plastic sheeting, scissors and duct tape.
Also consider other supplies and equipment based on your special needs, such as:
- Back-up medical equipment (glasses, oxygen, scooter battery, mobility aids, hearing aids and batteries).
- Supplies for pets and service animals.