We all have a role to play in keeping Philadelphia safe and secure. This year, the Philadelphia Office of Emergency Management honored the Red Paw Emergency Relief Team during National Volunteer Week for their work assisting pets and pet owners impacted by emergencies.
You can participate in the City's security by taking simple steps to be prepared for emergencies, getting trained in basic first-aid or volunteering to help local emergency response agencies.
Consider volunteering as a member of any of these agencies who are helping Philadelphia’s first responders prepare for emergencies:
- American Red Cross, Eastern Pennsylvania Region
- Pennsylvania Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals
- Philadelphia Animal Welfare Society
- Philadelphia County Animal Response Team
- Philadelphia Fire Department
- Philadelphia Medical Reserve Corps
- Philadelphia More Beautiful Committee
- Philadelphia Town Watch Integrated Services
- Red Paw Emergency Relief Team
- The Salvation Army of Greater Philadelphia
- Second Alarmers Association of Philadelphia
- Southeastern Pennsylvania Voluntary Organizations Active in Disasters